Friday, August 26, 2011

August 26, 2011

Que Pasa mi Amigos?

Hello Family! How are you all doing? It sounds like the madness has begun (or maybe just simply countinuing). So if I understand correctly Dad is in Jerome today for Mikesell and Brennen's Cross Country meet. I bet Alex is with him. McCall, Harrison, and Mom I'm guessing are up at the lodge. You have a wedding this weekend right Mom? I am also assuming Dad drove down to Jerome just for the day for the meet...?  I am saving some email time to send you a email with my flight plans later in the day. I wrote most of this in my study journal earlier. We are expecting the flight plans to leave some time this afternoon. It is rather convenient that we get them on a P-day so that we can email home that day. A small yet handy blessing! Thank you Mikesell, Brennen, and Mom for the dearelders letters. Also Dad I just got your email.  I know that you are all super busy and I appreciate that you take the time to write. I had a great week, it has gone by really fast. We are all pretty anxious to role to the great land of Argentina. I sometimes get super nervous at the same time.
So some highlights of the week (drum roll please)....
Number One- Elder Cladio Zivic came and spoke this week form the first qourom of the seventy. He is from Argentina. He is "the man" for many reasons. One being that he quoted Og Mandino. That was much appreciated. It was my favorite devotional so far, and we have had some really good ones. He talked about the power of prayer. He also shared some great insights on success. Dad - it was like that Boise "Get Motivated" seminar on steroids. I keep thinking about the importance of desires, what we want to become is who we will become. If we are humble, ask, work our tails off with a great deal of faith, anything is possible. Ask and ye shall recieve. What a powerful statement. It was also cool because Elder Tapia and I have worked really closely with his son, who is our Zone Coordinator.
Number Two:  We got to host this week! Which means we got to be the ones greeting new missionaries and taking their luggage and walking them away from their cars and families. That was a rewarding experience. It was also a little heart breaking and a little close to home. But such a testimony to the truthfulness to this work. It was sad to see those cars pull away sobbing and driving off back to their lives without their child. I definately was not able to keep a dry eye. This is all so worth it though. So I am guessing Hayden Clegg does not get here till next week?  I host next week also so I am hoping I can be his host when he arrives, if it works out.
Elder Tapia and I are enjoying teaching and I am so grateful for that. I really have learned a lot and love the opportunities it brings.  I am so excited to learn about and get to know a new culture, people, sights, etc.
Number 3:  We met with the Argentina council and finialized our Visas. He called Bahia Blanca "La Puerta de Patagonia" The door to Patagonia. That got me so pumped. Their is quite a few missionaries that are going to Bahia Blanca -  the work must be doing well...?

Dad the Defender- How are you mi amigo? You biked Fisher Williams huh? That sounds like so much fun. Alex and Brennen - hope you appreciate every minute of that beautiful place and time with Dad!  How is business? How are all the employees doing? What else is new? I think of your example daily and just can't say how much I love you and appreciate you. How is P90x? I have been doing about a 50-100 pushups a day and wall sits for a couple of minutes. I am going crazy with the lack of excercise. But I am making it. I promise to never sit this much in my life again. But, it is so worth it for what I am doing and I am happy to make the sacrafice. I love you Dad. Usted is el hombre. Mi espanol is getting better. To be flat out honest, the first couple of months are going to kick my trash out in the field, but I know the fundamentals and countinue to study hard. Hearing Elder Zivic talk we decided that Argentinos absorb their 's' that will be a strange adjustment, it almost sounds Italian or something. The food in Argentina is appearantly a lot like European food with more beef. Sounds good to me.

Mom the Angel- Hey Mom! Thanks so much for your journal entry and the dearelder. I just love that! So I can call home!! I already bought a calling card :) It will be nice to hear all of your voices. I am guessing it will be some time early Monday morning of Labor Day Weekend (Sept 5) What will work best for you all? I will email later what times I can when I get my flight plans. How is your event looking this weekend Mom? I am sure hope the kids will step it up with Lindsay gone. You will work yourself to the bone otherwise. How is the BRT (suburbans nickname - Big Rolling Turd) treating you? Thank you for your kind words always. There is nothing quite like a letter from Mom. I am doing well.  I feel ready to go into the field. My testimony has grown, my knowledge of the scriptures, my ability to lead and talk to people have grown. I will be sending home some things here this week to make the luggage weight. Would it be best for me to send them to Stanley or Jerome or does it matter? Our P-day next week will be on Saturday. I hope that you have a great week. I love you and miss you!! Thank you for your example!

Mikesell the stallion- Good Luck today! Run your heart out! Remember that with XC it is more important how you finish the season then start it so my advice would be to not really ever worry about not doing well the first couple of events if that means you are working really hard in every practice but also remember the best practices are the meets. I wish I could see you run. I can picture it though. You will countinue to be in my prayers and I expect to hear all of the little details! Sounds like you have been really busy working this week and running! I hope you are able to have some fun mixed in too. I love you Mikesell with all my heart. Keep being the happy bubbly you. Thank you for your letters.  I love them so much. Have a great week. What student council responsibilites do you have coming up? Senior year here you come! Wow!! Will you have seminary? Tell me your class schedule. Love you sis.We are always together in spirt. Oh and how is Eleanor? (nickname for Austins car) You getting the driving a stick shift down?

Brennen mi Amigo- Que Pasa? Thanks so much for your dearelder!! You made me laugh when you talked about the best two years. I am glad you have been able to have such fun memories this summer.What a great blessing. Don't worry I will have many more awesome memories in the future with you also. What classes do you have? Are you excited? How was XC the first week? the best part is getting to stay with Papa and Grandma!!  I remember the first day back from Redfish my first year of XC was pretty rough. I thought I could run like 5 miles with Ethan and the veterans but I died. But don't worry it will get better pretty soon you will be able to keep up with the big dogs and be a big dog if you work hard everyday. I think you will come to love the team and Coach Nordquist so much. Tell him hello for me. He is my hero and I will never be able to thank him enough. Tell Coach Messick the same. I am so excited for you Brennen!!  high school is pretty awesome!! When are you going to take Drivers Ed? I love you stud. Keep up the good work. Remember how much prayer can always help you. You can do anything my friend. Paz Amigo.

Alex the incredible- Hey Buddy! How you doing? How was you week? Are you sad to leave the fish? How are you classes and teachers looking? Are you doing XC this year? No Randy as coach - so who will be your coach? What did you do this week? I love you bro. I hope you are doing well. I pray for you all the time. Keep up the good work. I love you bro, I miss you alot. Have a great week. Thanks for your example. I hope you had a great bike ride!

Harrison the mighty- Hey Buddy!!! How are you? Are you ready for school to start! I can't believe that you are going to be so big! Who is your teacher, are you with any of your freinds ? Are you going to keep a eye out for your little sister? I remember when Mikesell and I were in Elemantary together she would give me a hug everyday before schools started. I used to think that wasn't very cool...but now I think that is pretty cool. Did you get some new school shoes yet? What are you most excited for? You are going to learn so much - you are so smart. I hope you have a great week Harrison. I love you buddy ! Tenga bien dia!

McCall the sunshine- How are you sweetie? Thank you so much for your little letter. I loved it! Sounds like you had a really fun day! Feeding the horses and seeing the Kokanee in the creek sound amazing!! ...an orange feather and a Offsprey! Wow!!  I am glad The "fake me" cardboard thing is able to give you kisses everyday. That makes me feel good. Are you nervous to go to school all day? You are doing to do so great. You will learn how to read and all of those fun things! You are so smart! I love you McCall I pray for you all the time.

Well, once again I will email you all later today with my travel plans. We will finish up our laundry here, go get breakfast, have personal study, and then write letters. We will then go to the temple, have lunch, and then our plans should be here if all goes as planned. I am learning the importance of still "being a person" as well as a missionary. The world does not need awkard missionaries.  Just be your happy self and be a good example and teach boldly and simply. There is a great scripture in Thess 2; 8-9 that says how teaching is imparting of the soul. I love you all so much. I know the church is true. The Book of Mormon and prayer will change our lives for the better. Always be the best part of "you" you can be. May God countinue to bless you. You are all such great examples to the world. Keep it up. Happiness is always in store for those who obey. I am so grateful for the examples of our wonderful Grandparents.  BYU starts here soon -  all the cousins are here already I am guessing! Weird to think they are all so close to me!! God speed and do good work!
Elder Clegg
5pm.
Hey! I hope the events of the day are all going well - really excited to hear about them!
So we got the plans! We will leave for the SLC airport Sept 5th next Monday at 8:00 am. Our flight leaves from SLC for Dallas Texas at 12:50. I will call around 10:00 am or there abouts in the SLC airport. Should I call Stanley, Jerome, or the cell phone? I can call both if you are all split.  We have a three hour lay over in Texas and leave at 7 :35 pm and then a eleven hour flight to Buenos Aires - we get there at 8:15 in the morning. We then have a tenish hour bus ride to Bahia Blanca. So it is quite a long trip. We are flying  American Airlines. It is pretty exciting and getting very real!  I am the travel leader with 14 in our group.  I hope that the event is going well. Actually the meet is probably over now as I write this!! it probably is just ending! I love you all so much. Mikesell I got your letter. I sent pictures to Stanley today. Love you all. I will answer any other questions next week.  Love Elder Clegg!

No comments:

Post a Comment