Monday, April 15, 2013

April 14, 2013

Hello Family,

I hope that you are all having a great start of the week!! Is is getting hotter there?  *My question mark doesnt work fyi* so you may have to edit it.  It has been nice here this week, rained a little while we were traveling, but overall a beautiful fall. I love fall here. Everyone sounds really good. Busy time of year.... 
It was a good week... ended with lot of tests and we will see how it goes. There is surely a force that works for bad, but we always know who is going to win. We got back on Thursday, we can't pass by the family Barbosa, because their neighbors have complained about us coming. So we have been sending members to set appointments. On Saturday night we passed by with a plate of brownies and a card, a member did. She reported back to us that they were in the hospital for in a city close by. Sister Barbosa has leukemia and she is not doing well. I don't exactly know her condition but she is in the hospital and it sounds like she is not doing very well at all. I called Brother Barbosa last night to ask how they were doing. I asked him and he said >bad> we talked and he said that he did not want us to call or pass by anymore. I was quiet thinking what to say... I could hear the hurt in his voice. I think he is upset with God for what is happening with his wife. He hung up before I could say anything. I just stood there a second and thought and decided that I better call him back. He answered to my surprise, and I tried my best to testify and tell him that this was the only solution to his problems, that we loved thier family and wanted to really help them. He closed  up so much. I don't know what happened in so short amount of time. The only thing that I can think of is that his wife is doing really bad. It is a really hard situation. Like you said Dad, we are just going to pray, really pray. We are still kind of in shock. ..... 

They released Bishop Martinez yesterday. Six years as bishop. Our new Bishop is a stud and we have done several service projects with him already and so we are ready to work. 
I was thinking about how grateful I am for the wonderful Bishops and Branch Presidents that we have had in our family...we have been so blessed.  Payson emailed me and told me he left on exchanges with a Elder who just got back from Bahia Blanca, Elder Howard. I love Elder Howard and I am glad that they will be able to get to work together! 

I am not sure if I told you about the athesit and agnostic couple that we found. He works for Sony and we have had two lessons with them. They are really great people. They actually have a lot of faith. They pray with us and everything, but I think they have had some bad experiences with other religions  One of the greatest couples that I have met in the mission. 

All is well.... you just got to keep working and it will all be good. 

Dad - It sounds like you are super busy. This week starts the madness of Redfish for you. How are the snow levels?  I sure love you Dad.  Have a great week and enjoy your personal resort.

Mom - I loved your piano story  -that is special. You played the piano in public (seminary) and I can eat bannanas fine now. Our little victories... hahaha. Have you heard anything from BYU about that major... I will need to get that nailed down sooner than latter. I have that schedule conflict that I need to fix also. Could you maybe take a look at that.... Thank you so much Mom... I hope that you have a great week.

Mikesell - Long beach! That will be an adventure!  I hope that your finals go really well. I am excited for you. It was really hard for me to leave college as well. you get attached to the people and the atmosphere. You will do great though. Just keep busy. I sure love you..
Brennen - How goes the healing process? I hope that you are doing well. I bet you are a pro with the crutches now. I am praying for you and I hope that everything goes well... Love you buddy!

Alex.. How is is your team doing? So are you done now? I love you buddy have a great week.

Harrison... How is school? Are you playing soccer too? I know you are doing baseball! I love you!

McCall...I love you! I hope that you are doing well in school and in everything!! I love you so much!

1 Peter 5 :1-7
Ephesians 3: 13-21
D & C 121

I sure love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!

You are all the best!!

Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment