Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013 March 27, 2013

Hello dear family, 

I am sorry that I could not write yesterday. It was a group of 19 that left and a group of 13 that arrived. Since Sunday night we have not stopped. Today was really a good day and I felt we all felt the spirit a great deal during our transfers and it was a neat experience. Elder Bird is is a stud...I don´t remember if I told you that he is my new companion? 

The week was great. There is so many things, I don´t really know where to start!! :)  A lot of the time was spent in meetings with President helping with transfers. I have learned so much with him. It is incredible. I feel so inadequate sometimes, but President trusts in us so much.  This transfer we have the focus to get out and work in the zones. So tomorrow we are going to Necochea to to observations. On Sunday we had a huge miracle, (there are miracles everyday) a member from another ward came up to Elder Costanzi (we were all together for the stake conference) and told him he had a reference in a street that is in my area. So I spoke with the member and it is reference of GOLD. I am super excited we went by on Sunday and we talked with the father of a family of 4 kids and MARRIED!! His name is Feliz and his wife has cancer and is not doing well. We talked with him a while outside because they had company. He has a lot of hope and is really interested in learning. We gave him a Book of Mormon and set an appointment yesterday at 8. I told him I would call him if we couldn't make it. And right at that hour is when we had to be in the airport to pick up the newbies and so I called to reschedule the appointment and he told me that he has reading the Book of Mormon and that is is enjoying it. We have a appt. tomorrow right before we go to Necochea. I am praying that we can teach with lots of power and that the family can except it. That was a miracle. The transfer cycle went well. My mission heros all left and my brothers. I want to share what I learned from each of them. 
Elder Calarco- Was in my first zone and is from Argentina. He was my zone leader there after emergency transfers. He taught me how to love being in the streets and how to teach boldly with a ton of love. He taught me in great deal how to baptize. He just cried together as he left. I learned from him the importance of taking control of your mission and not letting your circumstances effect your level of work. I love him
Elder Ryan Garrison- Elder Garrison is from AZ. We were at BYU together but never met. He was friends with Amy´s roommates. He was my zone leader when I was a district leader in Santa Rosa. He taught me how to lead a district, how to verify, study and correct with love. The best zone leader that I have seen. Taught the importance of going for the goal. He will be at BYU.
Elder Jacob Horward- You cannot not love Elder Horward. Also a great zone leader and just loves the work. Always happy, always positive, always enjoyable to be around. Never got discouraged. 
Elder Andres Costanzi- My companion as an assistant for 6 months.  He is truly my brother. Taught me the importance of sacrificing everything. Being a perfectionist. Charity, how to build other people with your words and self-less service. He is from Argentina and will be moving to Canada with his family this year. I have so many memories with him. He, Elder Bird, and I prayed together our last night together. That was a huge spiritual experience.

I could write something about everyone of the great missionaries that finished. I feel so blessed to have been able to have brushed shoulders with them.

I really enjoyed 3 Nephi 27 this week. The Hermana Parreno is back from Spain. Her mom still is not doing really well, but she is of good spirits and is super strong. I sure am grateful for them.

Well I love you all more than you know. I love the Gospel. I love the miracle that has happened in my life that some call a " mission". I know I can grow. I know that there is not limits with faith. 

I love you all and am so grateful for your huge example, your support. I couldn´t be  more blessed. 

Have a wonderful week!!
Wishing Brennen a very healthy recovery from knee surgery this week! Will be remembering you in my prayers like crazy!  Love to each of you!!
I look forward to reading your letters tonight.
Have Papa and Grandma gotten my letter I sent to them?
All my love,
Elder Austin


(March 25, 2013)


Hello Dear Family,

We are in the the middle of the madness of tranfers. It has been enjoyable. I am sad but happy for this great group of missionaries that are leaving. We are getting ready to take them over to Presidents House for thier last interviews and I don´t have very much time. I will try to write more today, if not I will write tomorrow. We slept very little last night. We had to go the the terminal to pick up Elders and Sisters at  12:00, 1:30, 3:00 , 4:30 and at 6:00. I have learned during transfers that the Atonement helps us with our physical strength also. It is also a miracle every transer that all the missionaries get to thier new areas safley traveling in buses to places they have never been before.

We had a stake conference in all of Argentina yesterday It was super special. Nestor went and he loved it. He is doing well. Bishop went and visted him with the counselor and we had a FHE with him and a family that the husband is less active. I and Elder Bowen spoke and also Sister Stevens, Elder Clayton and also Elder Nelson. It was a great experience. Their messages were very inspired. It was great.

Turns out the North Americans are not coming for visa problems.We are recieving 13 missionaries. (4 Sisters and 9 Elders). 

I read a great talk this week from Elder Eyring called "This Day".  Please read it.

Well ...all the Elders are here and I need to take them to Presidents House.I am sorry to be so rushed. I will write more later.

I love you all with all my heart.

I love my Savior.

Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment