Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013


Greetings from Argentina, and yes, we are proud of the Pope...are we ever proud!! I have some good stories about this week. I´ll wait to tell you some....

In all seriousness we lost Ana Maria, an investgator who came to church once and to Nestor baptism partly because of the news. She told me that she felt like Christ had taken back his church with the Pope.... but she is still willing to listen to us and her boyfriend went to church yesterday. So I am confident that she will find a answer to her prayers, she is sincere in her desires to get to know God so I trust in the message. 

Nestor, was baptized Saturday by Claudio Tidei, he is the Dad of a really special member family here. There lifestyle reminds me a lot of ours, he works in southern Argentina and is 21 days at home and 21 days at work. They are a neat family. Nestor is doing great. He bought a suit for his confrimation and he happy and really has desires to change his life. The ward has taken him in well and that is a HUGE step. Martha gave a talk yesterday. Tears were everywhere. She is a stud. The ward is doing good. Today we have a FHE with Nestor and another family as well. in a hour we are going to a appt with President Parreño. I love going to lessons with him. 

Also, big news for the Yost Family... we had a emergency transfer and Elder Yost is now my zone leader. I was pumped when President told us that and then we knelt in prayer together to ask if the decison was right. So I will be seeing the Elder Yost every week if not more. He is in a trio right now and next week he will be  with a new zone leader because they two that he is with are finishing now. So that will be great.  This week is tranfers. I am loosing so many of my brothers this round. It will be brutal. 8 zone Leaders, 1 old AP and a lot a great sisters. 19 in total. We will finally be receiving missionaries from the states on Tuesday, with visa problems we havent recived a missionary from the states for about 6 months. 
We had a great service project this week lifting beams up for the Elders house. That was fun.  Construction here is another ball game.

I have loved my studies this week and I have felt a difference in my teaching. I love persuading people with the spirit, that is one of the most satisfying feelings as a missionary.  

1 Samuel 15:22
Gal. 2:19-20
Eter 3 19:20
3 Nephi 19:28
D&C 50: 28-30

I would love to talk more about these scriptures with you but you can read them and think for yoursleves.

Dad- Thanks for your email. You sound good and I enjoyed your experiences from the conference. So Jordan Gravelle is fine with the docks and he want to do it. Also Jamin Mikesell (mikesell´s future husband) :) wants to work there as well. I know that they would be great dock guys. But I also understand that there is a order to things. but they both want to do it. So if there is a way, that would be great. Sure love you Dad. Thanks for being a great priesthood holder.

Mom- Thank you so much for working out the roommate/apartment thing. I couldn´t ask for better situation than that. Thank you! I hope that you enjoy your time in Vegas (not in a wordly way) . I am glad that you will be able to go to the temple. Tell Jon and Raquel hello for me. Does Jon have a Book of Mormon? I sure love you Mom.

Mikesell- So glad that you were able to have a good time in CA with David and Rio and with Uncle Kerry and Aunt Lisa. That is wonderful!!Thank you for your example of gratitude and happiness...always I admire that so much. I sure love you Mikesell. Thank you for your wonderful example.
I love you.

Brennen - Sounds like you are having a great tennis year. That is wonderful.  You go to the Doc´s soon don´t you? Good luck. I love you Brother. Keep strong.

Alex- Thanks for the updates. I forgot that it was that time of year. I sure love you buddy. Keep up the good work in school. 

Harrison- Whats happening buddy? How is school? Did you learn a lot this week?

McCall- If you are in spring there that means that it is getting colder here. The leaves are starting to change and we work with jackets now. I love Fall here.  I love you McCall....

I realized this week that I have learned so much in my time here in the office. I am eternally grateful for the examples of President and Sister Parreño. They are real people, and they are REALLY good people. 

More than anything this week. I want you to know that I love our Savior. I love our Father in Heaven. I love the restored gospel. I think of all the blessings that we have and I always come to the same conclusion.. that these blessing are to bless the lives of others. That is the only way it makes sense to me. 

"I pray that we will have the courage to extend the hand of fellowship, the tenacity to try and try again the humility to seek guidance" President Monson.

I really, really want to see a family friend to enter into the waters of baptism. Keep praying and trying to find someone who is ready to accept the gospel. You all have a huge influence with so many people.

I know that God knows each of you and loves you. He has a plan for you.

I love you all. 

Love, Elder Austin



No comments:

Post a Comment