Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013

Failure will never overcome you if your determination to succeed is strong enough.
Og Mandino

Hi All!!!
Thank you for your wonderful emails...I love them so much!
It was a great week here in Bahia Blanca. I learned a great deal this week. It was a wonderful week and I feel very blessed for all of the experiences that have happened.

The conference with Elder Viñas was excellent. It went really smooth and I learned so much from him. He is a very real person and I am so grateful for his example. He simply talks the scriptures and it is amazing. Him and President Parreño are great friends from before the mission and that was neat. Our presentation went really well and it was a great experince. I am super pumped for the mission and we are focusing on real growth a great deal here in the mission.


                                        Elder Clegg, Elder Vinas, President Parreno
The afternoon after the conference we had a great afternoon. We went out to work with all of the energy in the world. We went to a family that we had contacted the day before, they were there for the appointment which was great. They told us that the day that we contacted them they were talking and thinking about how they wanted to find a religon and wanted to get closer to God. Sounds almost unreal, but it happened. We had a great first lesson with them, went by with some great members the next day and we had a set commitment with them to bring them to church with the members. He is a police man and she is a teacher 8th grade and turns out he had to work extra. So they were not able to come to the church.

Moran update- We had the BBQ with the whole family (20) in the mission house. Afterwords we shared a spritual thought with them. They didn´t come to church and the progress is slow, but there is progress. I feel a little frustrated with them...but have been asked to keep going and will do so. They are a great family but they are just having the hardest time getting it in gear. This has never happened to me in  my mission where I have taught someone for so long and seen such little progress.... The gospel always wins and luckily, if I am humble and obedient, I can be on that winning side and see some progress.Yesterday we passed buy with our Bishop to challenge the Dad to baptize his Andrea and Camila, and they were not there. I am learning alot of patience. :)

We found two great others this week. Nestor is 45 and he came to the church to do a tour, but not on Sunday because he had to work, but he will come next week.  Also our Bishops neighbor also came and we have been trying to get him to come since about Christmas. He loved it and read 60  pages of the Book of Mormon in one night. I was really excited for him, but last night when I called to thank Bishop for his help he told me that his neighbor came by and returned the Book of Mormon, because his wife threatened to leave him and got really upset because he went to church.. Today we will go by again and try to put that fire out.

This week to be honest was a week a ton of ups and then everything came crashing down. But I will not and refuse to get discouraged, it only just means that God has some huge plans for our area. I am excited.  (Ether 12:6)

Sounds like everything is going well at home. That is wonderful to hear. Thanks so much for your emails Papa and Grandma Crouch and Grandpa and Grandma Clegg. I am so grateful for you. I love you very much and am so grateful for your lives and legacy. I look forward to reading your emails tonight.

I am sad that my Christmas letter did not get there. I sent it from a different post office and maybe that is why??? Hopefully the birthday letter for McCall will get there alright.

Elder Vinas talked alot about three words that stuck out to me. Observe, Discern, and Feel. He talked about how we have to really understand what the people need to feel to change thier lives, becuase he said that normal people dont feel desire to follow God today. President talked about working with members and being dedicated. We did practices for inviting people to church and also the blessings of the harvest finding approach. It was great and I love learning and teaching with the Elders.

Dad- Thanks so much for that qoute....that will really help me. I am glad that you are enjoying the new program for teaching. I hope that you have a great week. I sure love and respect you.

Mom-  I very much enjoyed your letter... thank you so much. It sounds like you are very busy and loving life. I think that Eastons brother is looking at housing in Glennwood. I am not sure if you have talked with his Mom. I loved what you had to say about your experiences last week with Elder Holland. I am so grateful for you Mom. I love you more than air and feel you prayers.

Mikesell- Hey sis, sounds like you are doing good in P-town!! What a busy time for you!!! I sure hope that all goes well for you and that you have a wonderful week and enjoy all that is going on in your life. I sure miss you and love you. You are the very best.!!

Brennen- Gracias por su carta amigaso. Te quiero mucho. Vas  a jugar Tenis o Track esta año? Que bueno que ganaron sus ultimos partidos. Vamos Tigers. Gracias pro tu ejemplo y amor por Dios y nuestro familia. Mucho Exito este semana. Adelante Hermano.

Alex- Thanks for writing me bro. I am sure proud of you for your dedication to read the Book of Mormon everynight. You and Brennen should share what you are learning. You are the man Alex. I love you and pray for you everyday. Go attack life and JUST WIN!!

Harrison- I sure love you brother! Are you excited? You are always excited? What things are you learning in school and in church? Have you gotten McCall a present yet?
I love you Brother and have a great week!

MCCALL- QUE LO CUMPLA FELIZ. Happy Birthday McCall!!! I sure hope that you have a great day little Valentine!! When will you be baptized? 8 years old!!!!!! I love you McCall and I hope you get my letter before your birthday!!

This week after thinking about how Elder Viñas said about observing and discerning and then helping the people feel I studied in 2 Nephi 4. We can learn so much from the way that Nephi felt. He was humble, repentant, and worried for the salvation of all those around him. I really like verses 34 and 35.
John 14:17

I love you. Christ lives, this is his Gospel. The Book of Mormon is book that will change your life. It is the word of God. The Bible also. I love my life as a missionary. I just feel happy, even when things dont go like I want them to go. I am happy, because this is not my work. And it does not go according to my plans. My biggest desire is to simply be an instrument. I know that God will complete things with his promises.

All my love, best wishes and prayers for you.


Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment