Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21, 2013

Hello Family!

Sounds like everything is good and smooth at home. Sounds like it is a cold winter. I am glad to hear that everyone is busy and happy. I enjoy your letters so much! Thank you for writing!

It has been a wonderful week here in Bahia. A lot happened this week... We were greatly blessed. On Monday and Tuesday I was in the office and working in my area. On Wednesday we had a meeting with President. On Thursday Elder Costanzi and I went to Santa Rosa for the last Zone Conference. That was a really great time. We had some really great experiences...some great stories. I really enjoyed talking with President and Hermana and learned a lot. It turns out the Stake President wanted Raul to be baptized in our ward so we had a baptism yesterday. It was such a neat experience. We were blessed somehow (MIRACLE) to be able to teach him and some other office elders helped us when we were in Santa Rosa. Martha and Miguel Angel were there to support him and they were really great. Raul is a humble man who sells flowers. He cried and got really emotional. His daughter was there with her husband who is a pastor of a Evangelical church. I talked to him after and gave him the copy of the DVD that we watched and a Book of Mormon. He said he will come to the conformation of Raul next week. He actually seemed to like it. I asked him for his directions and told me that he was going to ask Jesus if we could come. I told him that I thought that was a great idea! Oh man, pray we can teach him! That would be the best ever.... The ward is doing great. My ward mission leader is leaving for his mission in Brasil tomorrow. He will be on the same plane as all the sisters and Elders that are finishing their missions. Elder Vaterlaus from Boise is finishing tomorrow and I met him at BYU. He is great friends with Taylor Morris. He is a great missionary.  So transfers struck the office. I stay here and we have only two assistants now. Elder Costanzi is in a ward  close by now so I will see him. He finishes in March. He was assistant for 11 months. I was so glad to be his companion. It was a great blessing for me. Now I am with Elder Cruz from Mendoza, Argentina! I am happy to have two comps in a row from Argentina and it is helping with the language a little bit. Today we loose 8 Elders and 2 Sisters. This last week I also had some really spirtual expereinces with Elders that are struggling a little. I thought a lot about the scripture in Jacob 1:19 this week.

Baptism
                                                                   Love these Elders


Dad- I hope that you are doing well and that you enjoy your week this week. I love you Dad.
Enjoy your time away with Mom.

Mom- Sounds like you are nice and busy with some great projects. That is wonderful. I love what you said about smiling. I couldn't agree more.  I love you Mom and I hope that you are doing very well. Thank you so so much for all that you do.

Mikesell-It sounds like you are getting in the swing and working really hard. I am so happy for you and I hope that you just learn all that you can. I love you. Keep running strong! Stay warm!

Brennen- I am super happy to hear that you had some good games. Thanks so much for writing Brennen. I love you. Keep being a great young man.

Alex- I sure hope that you are doing well little buddy. I hope that you are doing good with that goal that you set. I love you Alex. YOU THE MAN!

Harrison- I am glad that you are doing so well and that you are happy. I love you bud. I hope that you enjoy your basketball games.

McCall- I sure love you Cally! I am glad that you love to smile. You make me happy.

Well dear family...my time is really running short. Transfers makes this week busy, busy, busy. I love you all. I really do.

I hope that you have a excellent week. I pray for you everyday and I hope that you keep getting stronger in the Gospel. Yesterday I gave a talk from GenConf about how we become better disciples through obedience and service to others.
I love those two things..

Have a wonderful week!
Mom and Dad enjoy your days in Hailey together! Plan some great things at Redfish!!
All my love!!!

Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment