Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2013

Howdy Family!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful emails! What a great week you have all had. That is crazy that you got a snow day on Friday! That is so fun. It seems like everyone is doing well and the magic of basketball season is in full swing. Thank you for taking the time to write.

This last week was a truly spectacular week.I will try to sum it all up. I know that I will forget some things but I will try to include the most memorable and spiritual experiences. Wow... it just was a great week. It is nice to have some time to write today...sorry I have shorted you a bit the last couple of weeks.

So on Sunday my companion and  I shared our testimonies and then we had to leave early because President and Hermana came to pick us up at 12 o clock to leave to start the zone conference tour. We had a good Sunday drive and we got to Necochea at about 5 oclock in the afternoon. We left to do exchanges in Necochea and that was a great expereince. The Peñalva family wasn´t there but I left them a little something and a note. Estefinia was not there either. But we worked hard and it was a good time. On Tuesday we had the first conference. It was really great. Dad - to answer your question we have a two hour presentation and this time it was all based on how to begin teaching and also teaching so that the people understand. It is all straight out of Preach my Gospel and we did a ton of practices and asked members to come to be the investigators for a roll play. In some places they brought non-member friends and that was great. President talked about the metamorphosis of a leader.


D- Desire to help other people:Alma 13:27, Abraham 3:27-28 Mosies 4:1-2 (difference between desires of Christ and Lucifer)
I.- Imitate (follow Christ and all that is good): John 5:19, Hebrews 6:12
O- Obedience (follow your current leaders): Lucas 22:41-42
S- Service (help other people): John 13:4-5. Lucas 22:27

After that process has occured then you are ready to be called of God to be a leader. It was really good and I loved his message. He also talked about going out and making people happy. President Parreño read Dale Carnige "How to win friends and influence people"  during his mission and he applies it to everything in his life. He talked about how the gospel carries the happiest message in the world and people need to see that instantly. We need to be happy people.

Hermana talked about desire.  She talked how keeping our houses clean shows if we understand the perception of the sacred (see talk by Elder Christofferson) It was excellent.

Monday we left for Mar Del Plata and that was the conference with the most work because we had to move tables and it had the most people. The zone leaders are in charge of lunch and I try to delagate as much to them as I can.

                                            Love my Mission President and Hermana!!!
Tuesday we were in Tandil for another great confrence. Elder Yost is still in Tandil and is doing really well. President told me, ¨That Elder Yost is a good type" he didnt know we knew each other from before the mission so I explained to him that Elder Yost is as good as they come, and why.

Wednesday we were in Olvarria. The drives were amazing, usally everyday it is between two and three hours and there is just open pasture with big sunflower fields and cows. There is a few cities with hills (one) mountains in this part of Argentina are not found. An investigator came to the conference and she left with a baptismal date. Hermana Parreño is amazing.


                                                     Sunflower Fields
Friday we were in Pehaujo, another conference and another investagator that came with her Aunt who is member came to the conference. She also left with a fecha and had a really spritual experience. That day I left and worked with Elder Yarger, funny enough exactly one year to the date I had picked him up in Bahia to train in Miramar. He tried a new tatic to find that I actually picked up from the Budge Hall Newsletter from Helaman Halls missionaries that Mom sent and it worked like a charm. We just ask people if we can come in and leave a blessing on there house.  We entered three houses in a row in the same block. They got really emotional and it is a very spirtual experience. I am applying it in our area right now and Pres. wants us to do demostrations in Febuary for the leadership conference. 

It was really hot and the Elders treated us well in every house that we slept in to stay for the night.

Yesterday was the best! Miguel Angel received Priesthood! He will bless the sacrament next Sunday!! He looked at me with tears in his eyes and told me how he always wanted to serve God like this. He is a stud. He is also reading in the Book of Mormon and yesterday it was really funny, he told us he was in Mosiah and I was just about to ask him about King Benjamin and he said before I had said anything (not a perfect translation)  ¨King Benjamen, that dude, was a stud!"  He is great and I quite enjoy him. Martha left the Relief Society yesterday saw us at the end of the hall did a little spin thing to show off that she was in a skirt (she has that figured out) and then she came to give me a kiss on the check, which is the normal culture here... I stuck my hand out and said "Hermana!" and then she laughed and said "I am so sorry I forget. How are you brother?"  and shook my hand. She is the craziest 65 year old I know.  She is hilarous and the ward just eates her up. Her son is famous singer here in Bahia Blanca. I will bring back some CD´s of him.

It was been a really good, spiritual week. I feel really excited, really grateful, humble, and trust that even though I am not a perfect servant, I can get closer through the Atonement and diligence. I LOVE MY MISSION. I love my Heavenly Father so much. I know that church is the church of Christ!!

Transfers this week, we already had our meeting and so I am aware of what will happen, but I will wait to surprise you next week. Helping with Transfers has been a really growing and learning experience. On Thursday I will be in Santa Rosa for the last Zone Conference. We might have a baptism this Sunday. We are talking to the Stake President to see if the man is in our area our not, we found him through Martha and then we thought he was in another area so we taught him two lessons and then passed him to the other missionaries. He came to our ward again and has a relationship with the members in our ward so we will see what happens. Either way he will get baptized and that is what is important!!

Dad- Sounds like you are doing great - lots of basketball. Glad to see that God still answers Brennen and Alexs and Harrisons and McCalls prayers for snowdays!! Have a great week Dad. I love you!!

Mom- Thank you for such a great email. Yeah, I have heard that about those apartments too. Ask Easton Trejos Mom. Dont know... I just want simple, affordable housing that is somewhat close to campus. I am going back with a lot more focus on my studies more than playing like I did my Freshman year. So we will keep in touch. I love you Mom and thanks so much for your help.You truly are the best. You are so thoughtful. I love your letters and journal entries so much. For sure your ears were ringing for a reason.

Mikesell- I am excited for you in your calling! You will do so great. It is a blessing to serve. Sounds like you really like your Relief Society President and it will be fun to be in the presidency with her! Keep strong and I am glad that you enjoy your classes so much!!! That is great that you saw Angela. That is crazy that she is already at BYU. I  I love you Mikesell! so much! Keep up the good work!!

Brennen- Sounds like you had a great week!! I am super excited for you. Keep working hard and being a solider. I love you Buddy!! I am super proud of you. Keep it up-

Alex- Sounds like you are doing great buddy. Keep rocking it! How are you doing with your goals that we talked about? I love you Man. You are awesome. Keep it up. Good luck with all your games. Can't believe that you are as tall as Mom!

Harrison - Sounds like you really enjoyed basketball!!! That is awesome. I hope you keep doing good. You are a stud. Keep being happy!

McCall- You are so great! I loved that you rocked you basketball game!! 7 baskets is awesome!!  I hope that you are happy and loving the snow. I love you little sis.

I love you all so much thanks for being the best in the world. Sorry I havent been able to write very much the last couple of weeks, hopfully today I could fill you in a little bit.
James 4:17
Have a wonderful week!
All my love!

Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment