Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012

Dear Family,
If all goes well this letter should be slightly easier to read this week.  I am glad that you were able to get a kick out of it all last week! haha
This week I received letters from:
Uncle Alan, Nikki Hernandez and Mikesell. Thank you each for your letters, they lift and inspire me to become.
Emails:
Grandpa Crouch, Grandma Clegg  and of course Mom, Dad, Mikesell, and Brennen.  I cannot tell you how much I cherish these letters. Thank you each so much and I love you all.
This week was a great week. Zone Conference was amazing times ten. If nothing else I was called here to learn from President D. I loved that so much. Tuesday we had District Meeting and then we got back in our area and continued to bust it. Tuesday was a great day. After our lesson with Claudio he and his daughter were set for baptism. He even asked if Elder Yarger and I would perform the ordinance. We came back the next day and as we sat down with the family Beloqui and he told us that he no longer wanted to continue investigating and that he was going to need some more time. It happened in less than 24 hours. We think that his wife told him she would leave him or something if he continued with the church. He was really sad. I was just absolutely shocked. His wife has cried in three of the four lessons that we have had. We scheduled an interview with our Branch President and the family after sacrament meeting. I don’t want to ever say that I have done everything that I could have, but we put a lot into them. So we are just patiently waiting and praying that he will call us. I know they have felt the truthfulness of the gospel and I know that if they would read and pray with real intent they would feel it. Heavenly Father really respects our agency.
The good news is that we had our first Argentine wedding on Friday! That was a cool experience and I will send pictures when I can. It was pretty informal and rather short, but it was a really special time. German was baptized the next day. He asked me to perform the ordinance and also we had a miracle because one of Elder Oschebiens and Elder Holmquists investigators that has been working with decided to be baptized and that was a tender mercy for Elder O since he goes home this week.  I am going to miss him a lot. Transfers always help me refocus. I think Elder Yost should get here this weekend. Mom, you asked what I am feeling about transfers.... I don’t dare say, really anything is game. I just got to work. We will spend the weekend in Mar Del for General Conference and we are excited for that. Elder Yarger and I spoke yesterday in church and it went really well. We had five investigators in church and that was great. Gonzoloes are the next baptism we are praying. We found him about a little bit ago. He is 17 and has a great heart and lives with his grandmother. He was teared up after Sacrament Meeting and that is a good sign….to feel the spirit there at church. We found some awesome couples that I hope can progress. Elder Yarger and I work really well together and he is a stud. I would love to have a couple more transfers with him. The family Gonzalez is doing really well and we had a BBQ with them and the family Beloqui on Saturday. I had one of the best talks ever with Hermano Beloqui. I learned so much from him. I asked him what was the most important decision that he made in his life and he told me his life story. I loved it.
Well, we are really cooling down here. The coats are coming out. 
Well my Vegas bound family, sounds like when you get this you will be in route to be with Mom. Sounds like you have some great things planned. Be careful down there. I will praying for you and I hope it is a spiritually uplifting experience. 
I wanted to share quote with you that I found the other day. By the wonderful Elder Uchtdorf...  “A heart filled with gratitude for the blessings of life and an earnest desire to hear and follow the words of counsel will prepare the way for personal revelation"
Ponder that as we prepare to receive revelation. I love General Conference. I don’t think that we will be able to watch Priesthood but unless I get transferred I should be able to watch everything else.
Dad- I hope your ankle is getting much better. You are going to need that do drive to Las Vegas! ;)  I hope that it is a fun experience for all of you. Thank you so much for your email. Sounds like you are doing well. I can’t think you enough for all you do for the family.  I love you Dad and I promise you to bust it out here. Enjoy your conference and I will be listening at the same time. I will most definatly think of you when we hear duty from President Monson. So get your ears ready to ring. J
Mom- Tell Jon and Raquel hello for me and that I love them both. I hope it is a successful time. Tell Jon about the Book of Mormon. I sure respect and love him, he is great. I hope that you enjoy your time there. When I went to Las Vegas last spring I remember the awesome group made  a circle around me and would make jokes like we have a "future Misionary here" as we walked around town. That was some really great times. I am sure you will have a great time. I sure miss you Mom. But am happy as can be when I work as hard as I can. Have a very fun week and make lots of memories. I am excited to hear about it. I love you.
Mikesell- I can smell the scent of that yellow fruit from that banana tree outside of our house from here! here. haha That is fun. What a great way to ask to Prom! Tell Jake he better take good care of ya. A whole world away just isnt enough to stop me. haha  Jake is awesome. I really respect him and miss him. Tell him hello for me. What are his plans for college? I hope you have a really fun week with the family. Just eat it up and do every fun thing that you can. That is my advice. I love you sis. Keep on keeping on. You are in my prayers. Go Wolverines!!! Once again btw who says by Salena is playing here..... hahaha
Brennen- Sounds like you had a awesome first tennis match - that is great. I don’t know too much about tennis but I am excited to learn from you. I sure miss you br. So did you get my letter you three? I hope so. Have a great time this week. It will be sick! I am pumped for you. Then you will almost have your permit! That is legit. Stay strong bro. You are the man. I love you. Keep focused in the important things.
Alex- Hey I am missing your email this week... I love you man. Have a awesome time this week. It will be legit for you. Learn a lot. Sounds like  AAU bball is going well. Keep working hard. I sure love you bro. keep being awesome and rocking life. Enjoy the time with the family. I love you bro.
Harrison- You are going to have a blast this week. How was your last week of school? What did you learn in Church yesterday. I love you buddy. How are your teeth doing? I bet you are growing so much. I love you bro. Keep it up and say those prayers.
McCall- I bet you will love that big 12 seat van. Are you still wearing a car seat? You’ll not know what to do with so much room. I am excited for that!!! I sure love you Cally. Have a great time. Remember I love you ok!!!!   Be safe.
Well I love you all so much. Have a wonderful week your spiritual thought for the week is in Alma 37. I love that chapter. Well, my dear ones  - Go have a great spring break and hold nothing back. I am excited for you all. Let me know how it goes!!!
Enjoy your drive and Mom, keep Dad Awake!  
Love,
Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment