Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012

!A big abrazo para todo!

Hello you all! Sounds like you are all doing very well, that is wonderful!

Emails from:

Grandma Clegg- Thank you so much for your email, I am glad that you were able to have a good time with Dad and Alex. Sounds like you are all adjusted in your ward and you are all doing wonderful. I am so glad to hear that. I sure love you Grandma and am so extremely grateful for your emails each week. Thank you for your example.

Aunt Julie- I also appreciate your emails so much. Thank you for the update on your family.  Sounds like everyone is rocking life. I am glad you could spend some time in Montana. I love you Aunt Julie, thank you for thinking of me and know that you are in my prayers. Please tell Alan, Cass, Bey and Allie I love them. Have a wonderful week.

And the Faithful Family – thank you so much!!


Well this week was a good week. Yesterday was a great day because we had branch council and the stake was here. The Gonzales family was there and it was just precious. I firmly believe that they are in this for life. This Saturday Nicholas and Jessica will be baptized. They are the two nephews. Also we hope that Claudio Heriqez will be baptized this Saturday and also a nice man named German Jiminez. The work is progressing and it is great to see!!

We found some pretty solid people this week and I am excited to start working with them. The city population is starting to drop and things are starting to slow down. Winter will be here shortly I suppose. We kind of found a house. It is a huge apartment. It is just kind of run down, but very livable. We will see what happens. It is like two blocks from our current house. So we will see what happens there. We also had divisions this week. It was fun to work with Elder Ochsenbien for the last time. He is anxious and we are all kind of anxious for him. He has had a very different mission with going home in the middle of his mission and coming back. I really respect him for hanging in there. This transfer will be on conference weekend so I hope that we can watch it still - I am sure we will. Other than that I am doing really well. I want to let you know how much I love and respect my comp right now. He is a stud and we are good buds. It really makes all the difference. Has taught me a lot about the power of teamwork. God answers prayers. 

Missions are awesome and I am grateful that I have this time to be able to grow. I sure miss you all. Some P-days it hits me how long I have been gone and I really miss you all….but I am so happy and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I love doing this.

This week I thought a lot about the scripture in Mosiah 2 :41. I have come to truly love that scripture. We use it all the time. I would like to encourage all of you to keep finding the joy in keeping the commandments. That is the way to be happy. I thought about one conference when our Mission President taught us that sin is any time when we don’t act on the knowledge that we have of God. I thought that was interesting. He is such a great teacher. I am looking forward to zone conference in about two weeks. 

Dad- Sounds like you are enjoying your spring. You are all really busy right now. With Redfish coming up…it is definitely that time of year again! Sounds like you had a great time in Boise. I had to laugh today because we walked into a shopping center and I heard Coldplay. It was a song I have never heard before and it sounded awesome. Funny how you run into things like that. I have Ecos shoes right now. They are holding up alright. I’ve got some more time out of them. How are the snow levels up North? Thanks for your insights from your class that you have been teaching. I have always felt like you were the best teacher ever. You have been for me. I can’t thank you enough for your example of covenant keeping Dad. I really miss you but am at peace. Thanks for being such an awesome Dad. May heavens richest blessings be yours. Have a wonderful week and thank you for your prayers. 

Mom- Thank you so much for your letter.  Thank you for your thoughtfulness and ability to know what peoples needs are. Thank you always for sharing your thoughts and insights with me. Sounds like you are oh so busy right now. Spring is so busy…always has been for us. Please tell Tyler and Maggie congrats for me. That is the best stuff ever! I love those two very much.  They both are great example - both in high school and now. I hope Tyler s keeping up on his swimming! I hope that have a great week and are able to grow in all the ways that would like to.  You are an angel. Thank you for your prayers and I feel yours. I am glad you and Dad were able to go to the temple last week. I love you Mom. 

Mikesell... I am dying to hear the news…this college stuff just keeps going on forever! I keep praying for you and your attitude is awesome. It will all work out great in the end. Sounds like you are having a great time in school. I am excited for you to have your meet. You will have to keep me posted. Go rule the world! You will do great. Thank you for your sweet letters very week.   I hope I get your hand written one. I don’t know if I have gotten all of them that you have told me you sent, but it’s all good. Well keep working hard and focusing on the good things. Your decision to go to the temple and do baptisms every week will bless you for all of your life. Thank your for being my best friend. I did see the moon. Keep being awesome sis. Enjoy this last couple of months of school. Just have fun and enjoy your time.... I have a song for you. Amberland -Unwinding Cable Car. One of my comps has it on his ipod. 

Brennen- Sounds like you are living the very busy life right now. I am excited to hear how your first tennis meet goes. I love you so much man. I hope that you are keeping strong and fighting those temptations that are being thrown at you. You are keeping busy and that is good - just keep doing the things that bring you real "life" results.  How much more Drivers Ed do you have? How has the weather been? Well buddy - I sure love you man! Keep doing good things!! Have you been able to go to the temple? I sure hope so. I don’t think I really realized the power that comes from that before my mission. But you have a great example in your sister. Sure love you!! God speed and keep being the big man on campus at JHS!!   Hey good job on the Piano. What a stud!

Alex- You don’t have to hand write me …. I am just talking about emails. ha ha. But you all should get a letter from me soon anyways by the way. Sounds like you did really good in the tournament. We can’t play sports at all here. I am going to have to learn from the “A man” when I get back! I am running still in the park. It is getting colder and a little harder to do but I will do it as long as I can. How is your attitude and effort? Are you telling everyone you love them all the time? Ha-ha I sure love you buddy. One more foot and you will have got me. How tall is Brennen now? That is crazy you are that tall! Well buddy. Keep doing good things. I sure love you! Rock on!  Thanks for the email.


Harrison- What’s up little buddy?? Sounds like you are being your happy awesome self that is great. How are your friends in school? Did you like your sleep over with Ty?  What did you learn in Church yesterday? I love you little man.  I hope that you are learning a lot in school!!! Have a wonderful week ok??? Do 10 pushups for me ok? Ha-ha.  Love you bro. I hope that your teeth are doing well. You sure looked like a stud in the picture Mom sent.

McCall- Hola mi vida. I hope that you are doing great. Are you excited to bang on those big drums with Ms. Lock this week at your concert? I had her as a teacher also! That is great. How are all of your friends and are you learning a lot? Are you excited for Spring break here in a couple weeks? Sounds like you have a fun vacation planned. That will be awesome. I sure love and miss you Cally. I hope that you still remember your brother Austin. Thanks for being awesome. Have a great week. I love you!!

Well, I sure love you all. Thank you all for your support and prayers. Keep doing good things. Our family is our biggest support we have!

HAVE THE BEST WEEK EVER!

Love,
Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment