Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26, 2012

Family,

What a simple, but wonderful word huh?

Sounds like it was a wonderful "picture perfect Thanksgiving" at the Ranch house. I am so glad that you all enjoyed it and it sounds like many good memories were made and testimonies strengthened!  That is wonderful that the missionaries were able to come over also. Did you give them referrals? :)
I loved reading your letters and it sounded like a really fun Thanksgiving. I am really happy for that. Sounds like you did lots of fun activities. Thank you for your prayers. Please know that I am doing the same for all of you.

This week was a great week. Monday thru Wednesday I was in Mar Del Plata observing district meetings and  then we still had to buy some things for some houses still. Mostly fans because it is getting so hot here. I think we are finally done with that now. My favorite part was seeing the Beloqui Family again.
They live next door to the missionaries in Mar Del Plata and so I got to talk to them. They are just so wonderful and they do so much for the missionaries. They actually used to live in the barrio where I serve now and so they know a whole bunch of my ward members. We talked about the branch in Miramar. They are doing really well. The Gonzalez family is still really active, have callings, and the priesthood. I love that place... also I had a really neat experience with a Elder who is struggling a lot right now and wants to go home. We talked a lot on Tuesday, he wanted to talk to President and we caught a bus that left at 11 at night to get to Bahia in the morning and he talked to President. I helped translate for another appointment that day. Praying for the best! Thursday, we helped to the legalization of some missionaries and did office work and got a good day in the area.  Friday, we took my Trainer Elder Perez, who is my zone leader right now to the airport to go Buenos Aires because they lost his passport and are having to do the whole thing over again, and he finishes his mission in two weeks.

The best part of this whole week was with Martha and Miguel Angel. They are AWESOME! They went to the baptisms of another ward and they were a hoot. Elder Bledsoe (who I met in BYU and we played on the same intermural basketball team) and his Comp Elder Ruyan - from Merdian High School are teaching a family and the 13 year old daughter was baptized, that parents are coming to church but are not married. Martha started talking with the father of the girl who was getting baptized and asked him when was his turn, he said he was not sure and then Martha starting laughing, asked him if he was afraid of the water. She told her sweet simple testimony, it was really a neat experience for Elder Costanzi and I. We made the announcement in Church yesterday of her baptism, gave out invitations, and they had a interview with Bishop. I hope that lots of people come to the baptism this Saturday. It is so huge for the converts. I am trusting in the members and we will do all that we can to invite them.   We are making plans for the Christmas Conference and that will dominate my time for the next month. We have transfers the 16th of December right before, so this will be a really crazy month. I am pretty sure that my comp will be transferd this transfer and that will be a big adjusment for me. I have depended a lot on him, he knows so much about Argentina and the mission and it has helped me. But I have learned in the mission that change is something that can help us never allow mediocrcay in our lives and I am grateful for that lesson form Pres. Def. The Moran Family and doing ok. Sister Moran is a angel, but her kids and husband are a little more farther in thier conversion. We will see what happens. I love Brother Moran and it would be my dream to see that man under water, and then in the temple. Agency is more important though.
I hope that you all remember to write three goals for before July that you want to accomplish. It is seriously all I want for Christmas.
I am glad that Julie and girls arrived safe and that everything is ok!!! Scary about hitting a deer!! And tell AJ congrats!

Dad.- I am super excited to read your talk. I am happy for you. Glad you got to do the Turkey trott also. I am sure it was wonderful to have all the family together and I am glad that you enjoyed the activities. What did Uncle Richard Bowl? If Mikesell bowled a 138, he must have been smoking it. I laughed out-loud reading your letter. I could hear you saying exactly that. What good times....I love you Dad. Thanks for all that you do.Thanks for your wonderful example. Have a great week and enjoy your gym time. Love you Dad.

Mom- Sounds like you also had such a great time with family.  I loved that you were able to knit with Katie. That will be a treasure to her for ever and ever.What a very sweet thing to do. This week will back to the routine for you. Christmas is coming up quickly. I must say, I do not feel it at all. But maybe here in a couple of weeks I will. I sure love you Mom. Thanks for being the angel of all the angels. Have a wonderful week and thank you for your prayers. I miss you too...but we will just keep pluggin on doing our best!!! It will be so much sweeter when I get home. Love you Mom.

Mikesell- Hey baby girl,
I am sure that you just loved being home for Thanksgiving. Be sure and Tell Ash and Hailey Clegg congrats on their calls. That is so awesome. Sounds like you had a great week and I am glad!! Good luck with your meet in Boise this week  That will be a great experience for you. Finals should be coming in quickly also. That is neat. You will rock it. Stay strong and focused in school. I always started out the sememster better than I finished and that is something that I want to change. I love you Sis. You are the most incredible person ever. Keep happy. Tell the cousins that I love them!

Brennen - I am glad that you had such a fun time this week. That is wonderful. I hope that you are enjoying ball and that it is a good experince for you. Thanks for being such a wonderful kid. I love you Brother and I  look up to you. Hey how tall are you now? Keep being a stud Brennen.  I hope that you enjoy you new trimester...What classed do you have? Have a great week!

Alex- Hey buddy!- Did you enjoy the break? Sounds like you all had a blast. Did you like Muldoon? I love Muldoon so much. How were your grades last trimester? I love you buddy. Keep being awesome. I miss you. Keep reading your scriptures and doing to basics. Is there anyone if your Deacons group who isn't coming every Sunday who you could go visit and help out with Dad and Brennen or your leaders in the ward? That would be a good Christmas thing to do!

Harrison- Hey buddy ! Has Elfy started showing up yet? How are you friends doing? What movie have you been watching lately?I love you Harrison and I hope that you are doing well.

McCall- Hey Sweetie! Did you eat lots of turkey?  Are you gettting taller? How was Bowling and your time with the Cox´s and Putnams? They are just the best! I  sure love you McCall. I love you alot. Have a great week!! BIG KISS

Well I love you all so much. I hope that you have a wonderful week this week.I am sure that it will be a super busy one. This week I really learned the importance of diligence. Steadly striving for something better daily is how we grow.It is daily effort in the same direction. That is how we become better.

Some Scriptures:
Gal: 5 :
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

As we approach Christmas I hope that you can all focus on the " Spirit" of Christmas and what it is really about. It is blurred so much my all the lusts of the "flesh".  I love you all so much.
Have the best week ever!

Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment