Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 13, 2012

Hello Family,

Dad- Thanks so much for your handwritten wonderful letter. I loved it and thanks so much for taking the time to write. It meant a lot to me.

This week as far as a missionary life goes, has been one of the best weeks of my  mission. From a world perspective, it may be one of the gloomiest.

Monday and Tuesday were excellent days. The leadership conference was amazing. It is amazing for me to see the way that 20 year kids can make something happen like we do as missionaries.  The Lord works miracles. We really have some wonderful missionaries here in the mission. Tuesday I left with the new elder in charge of the finances and we found 5 people in very little time. It was a miracle. The office has taught me how to put God first in my life in everything and I am learning a ton.We found Martha and Miguel Angel. They are brother and sister and are living together because they are widowed and divorced. They are really great people. Miguel Angel lost his leg a couple of years ago and he was a taxi driver. He is reading the Book of Mormon like crazy. Martha is an angel. She lives to serve her brother who she loves. They have a date for the 24th of November and I feel pretty confident about it. We also started teaching the granddaughter of Hermano Moran. Her Dad is less active and her Mom is not a member. She is coming to church and tonight we have a FHE with all of the family. I am really excited for them. She has a  baptismal date for the 1st and it is also golden. We purchased supplies to make a cake and gave the supplies to a member and she baked a cake to give to her because she came to church even though it was her birthday.  We gave the cake to her afterwords and it was great. Her Grandmother Hermana Moran is the sweetest lady. She went to the temple this week all by herself . She told us how in her Patriarchal Blessing it talked about how her family would all be baptized. We are doing all within our power to help that promise come true.

Leaving after Leadership Conference for an afternoon of  knocking doors!! Such a great day!!!

It rained so hard here on Thursday. We were soaked. There was a tornado warning for a little and so we had to go insided the church and we took some pictures of being soaking wet. It really was not even a tornado, there has ner been one here. Friday and Saturday were great work days and yesterday we had 4 investigators in church and it was a great blessing. I really love this ward here and am super grateful to be here.  I cannot believe that it is November. The weather has been nice other than the huge rain storm. It is really pretty. Yesterday a recent convert gave a talk in the ward and she did excellent. It was so great. I love this work!!!

  LET IT RAIN!!!


I read in Romans 8: this week and I really enjoyed that chapter especially vs 7, 28,37, and 38. There is nothing like studying the scriptures.

Lots of people have said things about the elections here. I am sure all are very dissapointed. I dont feel it as much being here because of the blessing of being a missionary, or I have not felt angry, just felt, "the people chose it and now we are going to pay for it".  When I found out in the morning I honestly just thought well, we need to baptize more people, that is all I can do. Hermana Parreño told me right of in the morning, she looked at me and said. "Elder Clegg I feel like I need to tell you that President Obama will be the president for the next four years" She was a little sad also. I love President and Hermana. It is all part of the plan and I am excited because it is certain the the Gospel will play a huge part in it. So, keep moving forward and doing great things we have much work to do!

Dad- Thanks so much for you letter.  I loved it. I want you to do something for me, if you could look up the song by a band called "Lower Lights"  called " Be Thou My Vision".  Are you getting excited for your favorite holiday?? Will you all be in Jerome? I hope that you all enjoyed your time in Jerome on Sunday. Lots of basketball coming up for you. Hows Jerome and BYU looking this year? I love you Dad. Thanks for being a warrior. Have a great week!


Mom- How is your new calling doing in Young Womens? You were put there for a reason no doubt! Are you getting back into a schedule? I love you so much Mom. You are such an Angel. I hope that you have a great week and that all is going well. Please tell Ben and Lani how much I love them. Thank you for your emails and journal entries...I love them so much. Thank you so much for the package....thank you for thinking of me. I love you Mom. You are the best! Have a great week.

      This one is for you Mom...your initials....too bad it didn't say 513 or it would have been  your birthday!

Mikesell- Sounds like you are just having the time of your life . I am so happy for you. I hope that you are really enjoying it. Mikesell I love you and I am excited to to a ton of great fun things with you. I hope that you have a wonderful week. Keep being strong and doing everying the to the best of your abilites. While teaching Martha and Miguel Angel and thought about how grateful I am to have a sister that is my best friend. I love you and keep being strong.

Brennen- Hey buddy I want you to read in 2 Nephi 2:14.   I was thinking about one of the ways we grow from childhood to manhood is starting to learn how to act upon the situations in our lives and not be acted upon. Stuff doesnt happen to you, you happen to stuff. I encourage you this year in school, basketball, and all the things that you embark in to never let anyone set your standard for you. You are Brennen Clegg and you only do the best. You are instopable man. I love you Brennen with all my heart. Keep being a outstanding young man. Soak up Seminary!

Alex- So you drained a buzzer huh? Atta aboy!! Sounds like some great games!! Hey man, I want a email from you with the following things.
What are your classes?
Who are your friends?
What are you liking about school?
If there is not a email in my Inbox next week.... you are going to get it. :) I love you Alex. Keep being a good kid. I know you are busy and that it is hard to remember your big old brother who you never see anymore... but I would love to hear from you. I love you Alex... Love you a ton. Enjoy ball.

Harrison- Hey little man, I love you so much. You are a incredible kid. I hope that you are learning a ton. I sure miss you and hope that you are doing well. I love you Harrison. That is part of the reason why I am here. Keep praying and being happy. You are great Harrison.

McCall- I love you so much little sweetie. I am glad that you have such good friends. I sure appreicate you. I hope that you are liking school and that you are happy as can be. Keep remembering that you are princess. I love you Cally.

This week was wonderful.I am growing,  I know I am no where near perfect, thankful that God has helped me to have desires to share the Gospel, and that he has helped me reach those desires. I just love the mission. I cant tell you all how happy I am when I loose myself and give it all to the work. I also know I have a lot more to give.

Please each of you know that I pray for you with all energy. The greatest blessing that I could ever ask for is to have each of you strong and progressing in the Gospel. I am thankful for Parents, Grandparents, and all of my family that have vision, love Heavenly Father and have been outstanding examples to me. I am learning about sacrafrice.

May Heavens richest blessing be yours this wonderful week.

All my love,
Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment