Monday, June 25, 2012


Hello Dear Family! 

I hope that you are doing well! From what I could skim it sounds like you are all having a great week and are working and playing hard. I am so glad to hear that!! Time is going so fast. Remember you are living the dream!

Thank you Beyleigh for your sweet letter. I love you so much and hope that you are having an awesome summer! I am glad you can spend time with the cousins at the cabin! Thank you so much for your giant example and testimony!!

Grandma Clegg -Thank you so much for your letter and I am so grateful to hear that you are both doing well! I am glad that the surgery is done and that everything went well. Please tell Grandpa that I love him and hope he recovers quickly! I love you and miss you. I hope that you are both having a great summer! 

Well, tranfers struck… and they hit hard.  I am writing you all from Necochea, a oil refining town about one hour and half from Miramar… so I am back on the coast. So far I love the city so much. President has asked me to be a zone leader and I am now with Elder Connely, who is on his last transfer here. SO we are going to work so extremely hard. I am still a little in shock. We were eating at a members house and we got the call. All the other Elders are still in the district 5 in Santa Rosa and Elder Patterson, who was in my MTC district is now in Santa Rosa. I am excited for the blessing that I have to serve now, both my investigators and more Elders. It is a zone of about 20 elders and I am way excited to teach like never before.  
Last week was a good week, we worked hard up until Saturday, and then it was a mad dash of saying goodbye and packing to leave on Sunday. I love the members there in Santa Rosa so much. It was so so hard to say goodbye to the Garcia family. They have not been baptized for even a month yet...but to see the change in their lives is simply amazing. When I went to say goodbye -  Ana, the 9 year old girl lost it and started crying so bad. It hurt. But they are in good hands. The members were all really nice and were so kind to me. That ward has so much potential. I am excited to hear of their growth in the future.
                      Saying Goodbye... Bishops Family at the Terminal

I wanted to tell you a cool experience that I had last night and a little about zone conference. Last night we got to the mission home at about 3:30 am. We got in and there was an elder sitting up in his bed who could not sleep because his stomach was hurting him. He is pretty new here in the mission. Elder Taylor, the AP, who will be flying home tonight was the Elder that we had to wake up after the taxi ride to get into the house. I asked him how he was feeling about going home that next day and he told me how he was sad, excited all at the same time. After a little talk, I watched him as he took care of this Elder. For some reason it was so touching to me to watch him cook this Elder some food to help his stomach. Afterword I sat in bed and just thought how a Christ centered life changes the way we treat other people so much. I thought of this Elder who had so much success all throughout his mission and yet his last night in the mission, here he was cooking pasta for a new Elder who had a stomach ache at three in the morning. It was just touching to me. I have been so blessed to rub shoulders with such great Elders in my mission. I will greatly miss Elder Knuteson, Elder Hansen and Elder Henry. They are great Elders and I really had a strong friendship with them. Also Elder Garrison and Elder Sanchez, my Zone Leaders there in Santa Rosa are so awesome. 
Our Mission President talked about so much at Zone Conference. When he teaches I feel the happiest ever. He is a master teacher. He explained to us about Matthew 14. He told us how the Savior was trying to teach us two lessons in this chapter. One, that we have to think about other people (the 5 loaves and 2 fishes) and two that we can’t do that if we don’t rely on the Savior. I always thought that when Peter fell in the water it was because of his lack of Faith…but maybe it was because he started thinking that he was doing this all on his own, maybe it was thoughts of pride that made him fall and cry out "Lord, save me!" I would encourage you to read Matthew 14 this week. 
   The last goodbye to my Mission President and his wife - finishes his mission July 1.


Dad- So glad to hear that you had a great Fathers day!! I fully understand also that this time of year is crazy also. You put all you got into running that resort. I sure love you Dad. I am so grateful for your example and charity. I am so happy that all is well up there and that life is running smoothly. I love you Dad. Thank you for your prayers. I hope you know that they are coming right back at you. Have a great week. You going to do the Spudman this year? Is your heal and ankle better?

Mom-Thanks for your sweet letter. I sure hope that all is well. I am glad to hear of all the little successes. Thank you for sharing that from President Borens talk in church. He is an amazing person and example. I hope that your events and weddings are going well. I have not been able to read all of your letter yet but I will tonight.  I love you with all my heart Mom. Keep being great. Stay strong. 

Mikesell- How is my 18 year sister? As with all of your birthdays, I thought especially of you. I hope that you had a great day. Did you all make it to ride the horses? That is so cool that you were able to climb Mogul. Are you getting excited!? I cannot believe how close college is getting! Enjoy every second with the family! I sure love you Mikesell and am so grateful for you. DO great things this week and keep up the good work. I hope that you know how much I love you.  All my love sis. Keep rocking it.

Brennen- Sounds like you are having a great time in the dish pit!! That is a wonderful experience and will teach you mental toughness. That is funny that you are cooking and learning to make pasta. That is a skill that will serve you more than just about another on your mission. haha. Do you know what you are going to do this Fall sport wise? Are you going to do XC?  Start running now!  I am so glad to hear that you are having such a great summer. That is the best ever. Keep doing the little basics. Does it feel weird to know that you are going to be the oldest in the house now soon? You will do great. I love you brother. You are the man and have a great week.

Alex-Hope that you are doing good little man. I am glad that you could climb Mogul also. That sounds so great. I am jealous. I have not seen a mountain since I left Utah. This place is a giant pancake. Eat a s’more for me will ya? I love you bro. Keep being awesome and progressing. Learn how to work up there. It will bless you forever. I miss you bud. Keep being great. 

Harrison- Sounds like you are doing awesome my little man. I sure miss you.  I am glad to hear that you are enjoying primary so much. You have such great teachers! I am shocked that the water is so warm there. That is great. I love you bro. Keep being great.

McCall- I sure love you little sis. Did you eat your double ice cream cone?  I love you sister. Keep having fun and remember who you are. I miss you!

Well my dear ones. I love you. Have a great week and thank you for your prayers. I am slightly nervous that this last year is going to fly by~~ Buckle up. I love you each so very much and want you to know how much I love my Heavenly Father. This is his work. 
Have the best Monday ever.

All my love,

Elder Clegg


No comments:

Post a Comment