Monday, June 11, 2012

The Family!

So glad to hear that you are all doing well and that life is going well. You are all officially now up at the Fish. How great!

Thank you all who sent emails - Grandma Clegg, Cass and Scott. All the family and thank you Mom for both of your emails!

Grandma and Grandpa Clegg - I hope that this week goes well.  I will be praying extra hard for you and I hope that the operations and recoveries go really well. I sure love you both. 

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Fathers Day. I am very grateful for my Grandpas and my Father and so many examples of great fathers that we know. I love you each of you so much!

This week was a good week. A little different… I don’t really know why. I had two sets of splits and had a baptismal interview. I learned a lot from the splits and learned so much from Elder Hansen and Elder Garrison.  It was great to work with Elder Garrison, he is a legend in the mission and speaks and teaches so well. He loves the scriptures and loves to bust out the bible on the first lesson to show the evidence of the restoration…which is something I have not really done on my mission… so that was great to get a greater appreciation of the bible and to start using it more. I have been reading the New Testament for a couple months now and I really enjoy it. 

On Wednesday the Garcia family and Tornacio family had a cake and a BBQ for me at 8…that was really nice of them.  The ward members were really nice too. It was a fairly good working day too, and that was the best part. I really appreciate the families here in the ward. They are some great families.


So we have been working a lot to try and be better with the members and a great family here named the Bartel family brought a great kid to church named Carlos and we talked to him and taught him. We have set a date for June 24th. He is really great and I think that he has a lot of potential. We have a couple other investigators as well that we are working with that have potential. Transfers are on Mikesell’s birthday and one of us four will probably be leaving so we have all got to push hard until that point. 

Dad - I just saw your email come through… thanks so much. I really appreciate it. I love you and hope that you have a great week. You are the best. Have a great Fathers Day and enjoy all wonderful Redfish. Sounds like you basically half of Jerome High as the staff!! That will be good. I love you Dad. Thanks for your example. Read the first part of Helaman 5 and I want you to know how grateful I am for my fathers.

Mom- I love you so much.  I received word that the small package you sent got here like on Saturday….so I should get it tomorrow. Thanks so much for being so thoughtful. I love you and sounds like you are getting settled in at Redfish. I am sure there will be lots of great employees at the house this year a lot. That will be fun. It will be important this year to jump out of the resort Thursday and go do something as just a family… other wise the summer will be over really fast that way. Yeah, I am trying to live off the set amount of money and nothing more. Heavenly Father blesses his missionaries to live off strictly rice and pasta and four oranges a week…haha… no we almost have lunch with a member like four times a week. I figure I am going to need the money much more on the other end after the mission. I bought a new hairclippers last week…mine bit the dust. Please tell Papa and Grandma thank you for the birthday money. So sweet of them…  I love you so much Mom. Thank you so much for your prayers and your thoughtfulness on my behalf. I miss you. Have a great week and know that I love you. You are the MOM!

Mikesell- Hey sweet cheeks! I hope that you are doing well. I sure am excited for you to start running. You are a committed Wolverine now! One of my favorite missionaries will be there at UVU next fall… Elder Ochesbien my old comp. Also, one of my role models and a really great missionary, Elder Christianson, he is our assistant. He knows you are going to be there so he said he will look for you. Heads up!! I love you Mikesell - have a great week. You are in my prayers, keep working and playing hard. You’re the best!

Brennen- Hey man! How are you? What are you going to do for work this year?  Mom said in her letter you will be doing dishes. That is awesome! I bet you are playing a lot in any spare time with Dave and Rio. Do you want to do XC next year? Start running now if you are! I promise you will be so much more prepared if you do. I love you Brennen, and am so grateful for your example. Work and play hard this summer.

Alex- You just work this summer… don’t worry so much about the play. ha ha jk. I love you buddy. I hope that you are living the dream and having a great summer. I sure miss you and respect you so much. How are you coming with the B of M?

Harrison- How is that scooter holding up? Are you having a good summer? I hear you are all swimming so much right now…that is weird because it is getting super cold here. I love you little man. Keep being the great kid you are. Fluff lots of rocks for Mom and get the place looking nice!

McCally - You are so cute -- I sure love you. I hope that you are laying off that ice cream so you don’t get a summer belly!  haha jk. I love you Cally and I am so grateful to have you as my sister. 

I love you all so much. The Gospel is real and what a great thing we have going here. I hope that this week is great for you.

All my love,

Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment