Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012
Family,
Another week, another week! I appreciate all of your letters and the updates on the week. Everyone sounds really well and I am glad to hear about the success of state track and all the great energy as well as movement up at Redfish and in Jerome.  Thank you so much for your prayers this week. They were greatly felt and answered. Yesterday the Ochoa family was confirmed and their baptism on Saturday went really well. It has been about a year since the ward baptized so it was good to "break that ice" and get that water flowing. 
Thank you Grandma Clegg for your email. I will be praying for Grandpa and that the preparation for the surgery will go well. Thank you for sharing that neat experience with me. I am so grateful for your example. I love you both.  
Papa and Grandma Crouch - thank you so much for the Mothers Day email. There are no words to describe the gratitude that I feel reading these letters. I hope that you both have a wonderful week in Idaho. I love you both.
 Well with the baptism on Saturday and some other success it was a great week. I had some serious desire to work this week….and it just felt like a good week. I want to work more with the members here though, we can have a ton of success as missionaries and forget the importance of involving the members. They are so crucial to the work. That is something that I wish I would have realized growing up. Always ask the missionaries if you can go with them out on lessons. It will bless your life greatly. So this week the zone leaders got put in my district and that is such a blessing. You are not going to believe this story but our new Zone leader is from Arizona, and he went to BYU.  This Wednesday when they came to our area to have the interview with the Ochoa family before baptism we started talking and I was asking him where he lived.  Funny thing is, he was dating Amy Ellsworth roommate before his mission. He knows Jessica and Amy very well. He was in their ward. Funny connection huh? He has been out about a year and 5 months. Elder Ryan Garrison is his name. I am happy to work with him. He has great vision. Other than that it was a great week.  The Garica  family has the certificate and they are sealing the deal the first of June to be married. A true miracle. The thirteen year boy, Julian reminds me a lot of you two Brennen and Alex. He is a stud on the bike and is a really good kid, looks up to and respects his Dad so much. 
Well, sounds like life is rolling up at Redfish again. I thought about the wonderful feelings that exist up there at this time and was so happy for you all to be there. Even if you were not there this weekend! haha. Next weekend! ;) Tell all the employees that I love them and that they better have the best summer ever. Kill em with kindness and make it so they want to ask you about the gospel… but more importantly…. open your mouths. Just like you said in your letter Dad.  Hey Mom, would you mind emailing me each of the baptism pictures that there are on that SD card I sent you? I want to print them out here to have them, and i will save them on my SD cards here. I am glad that you got my letter ok for your birthday and that you enjoyed it. You deserve so much more. I am glad that Grandma and Blair and Anneli got there letters also. So far the mail system has been good to us!!
I had a good week of studies this week, I wanted to share just a few scriptures, one is Proverbs 29: 18. The other is the first 15 verses in D&C 76. I have been reading Jesus the Christ and the New Testament and it has been really cool to learn more about the life of Christ.
Dad- Sounds like you had an awesome time at the state track tournament on Friday. That is so great! I am so glad to hear that Jerome did well and that Eric Harris did so well too! I am guessing he will be running at the Y next year. What a great example of vision and desire and effort. Sounds like you have some great returning crew members. I am so happy for Cass to be the Nanny. I hope that you all just have the best summer ever. What a blessing is that place.  It is a part of us! I sure love you Dad. Thank you so much for your example. You don’t know what a huge impact you have on so many. Tell the branch up there that I love them. Have a great week. You are the MAN!
Mom- I am so glad you got the letter and the SD card ok. It was kind of risky of me to send that, but I am glad that it got there ok. What a week you have ahead of you. Brennen will get his Patriarchal Blessing, Mikesell Graduates and the fun begins of trying to get the family moved to Redfish. I will be praying for you extra this week.  You are so amazing. I don't know how you do it all.  Thank you for sharing your testimony. Thank you for all the fun little acts of service that you do for each of us. Those little things are what make the biggest difference. I love you so much Mom. I hope that you have a awesome week. I sent a letter to Amy´s parents and asked if they could just forward it on. Have a great week and travel safely! You are superwoman! I love you with all my heart! 
Mikesell- Mikesell!!  I was thinking about you today. You know I just want to tell you to take a second and look back at your high school career. You have done more good than can be written. You too, just like Eric have reached your vision. Have an attitude of gratitude like you do and you are only beginning to see the potential that lies within you. The story of you with Kristen was so touching. Maybe this was to help you see that you do want to be a trainer or something like that to help people do what they want to do physically. You are so gifted. This is the week. You should get a letter from me. Act like it is a surprise. I love you so much and am so proud of who you are. Thank you for being my best friend and sister and example. You are going to have a great week and one that you will remember forever. Tell Terran, Tanner, Melissa, Hannah all your friends who I know and cant name individually Congrats for me. I love you Mikesell. GO get your vision. 
Brennen- You also have one of the most life changing weeks coming up for you. Mom and Dad I am sure will have some good advice for you. Fasting before will help you to be more spiritually intune. I am so excited for you Brennen. I was thinking and when I get home we will climb a mountain or lake together and we will share our thoughts. Sound like a plan? Have fun in Marsh Valley. Trust in Coach Messick, you will learn a lot from playing with the big boys and just enjoy it. I sure love you buddy. I will be praying for you and I am so proud of the person that you are. Love you bro!!
Alex- Thanks for your email little buddy. You are so great. Are you excited to get up the fish? I didn’t know David and Rio where coming up there again that is awesome. Take advantage of that and tell hello and that I love them. Keep growing in all the important ways buddy.  I love you bud. Keep being a stud!!
 Harrison- Hey little man. Your last week of school! Are you so excited to be with that awesome Cass all summer?  I would be.  I hope that you have a good last week with your friends and enjoy your time. That is sometimes hard to leave all your buddies for the summer, but don’t worry they will be there when you get back. I love you Harrison!! Keep saying your prayers and living life to the fullest.
 McCall- I bet you are really going to miss your buddies…Allie has been a good friend hasn’t she!?  Did you know that I was 7 years old my first summer ever at Redfish? You are already a pro and know all the fun stuff though. I love you McCall and pray for you so much. Have a great week and remember that your big bro loves you.
All my love!!! Have a wonderful week dear family. I love you with all my heart. Be safe and keep living the Dream.
Mikesell Congrats and Brennen enjoy getting your blessing on Sunday!
Alex, Call and Harrison help Mom as much as you can!! 
I love you. This all is real and AWESOME!
Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment