Monday, February 20, 2012

February 20, 2012

Hello All!!

Emails from-
The Jackson Family- So good to hear from you!!  I hope that all is well. Thank you so much for thinking of me. If I remember right Neil is in the Marines now. I hope that he is doing well. I love your family and am so grateful to know you. Have a great week. Thanks again for taking the time to write to me!!
Grandma Clegg- So good to hear from you… I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your letters each week. I just love them. I hope that the changes in the Stake go well. That is always hard, but you both can handle it really well. I sure love you Grandma!  I hope that you have a wonderful week and are able to enjoy every minute of your week! :). Thank you Grandma.

Letters from:
Bishop Prince- SO loved your letter - it was wonderful!!  I will send you yours tomorrow. Thanks for all the little updates. Have a great week!! Thank you so much for all you have done for all those you know. Thank you for writing~ I love you Bishop. 
Ethan Lopez. Hey buddy - I finally got your letter! I just loved reading about your experiences. It was just awesome! I hope that you have a great week at school. Your’e the man. Thanks for all you do!

….and letters from the faithful family at the ranch!!!

Well, here we are again:)

I am writing you from a little place we like to call... MIRAMAR. I did NOT get transferred!  I have been very blessed and I get at least one more transfer here in Miramar. I am so happy for that. This transfer is going to rock. We added a couple of zones to our mission because our mission is seeing a lot of growth. We get lots of new missionaries! It is great!!

This last week was really a good week! We did divisions between us four as a district and that went well. We also organized a big branch activity this last Friday and it was a huge success. We had like 15 investigators there! The age groups were all different and so we had to re-plan the activity and luckily the holy ghost brought back to my mind all of our nights of playing games and doing activities at Redfish!!!  ha ha. We had a great time and we are slowly growing as a Branch. To be honest right now, we are trying to baptize pretty much just to keep a Branch!! We work so much with less actives and some of them are not even letting us come in their houses now. But, all in all things really are getting better. The Branch has a lot more energy and things are looking up. Oh the stories I could tell you all....
After the activity on Friday night, we had 8 investigators at church so that was nice! We found a less active family with three kids who want to be baptized. The Mom and Dad were recently separated so it was great to have the 17 and 14 year old kids in church yesterday. Hopefully we can get a Young Men’s leader here soon!!  The Gonzales family is awesome! They will be baptized the 3rd of March - four of them….and the other two shortly after.  It was really touching because they always talk about their Dad and how he taught them.  (he passed away) He told them if they were ever to join a religion they should talk to the kids with white shirts and ties. I guess he talked with the missionaries before, they obviously didn’t have any success but that is the importance of planting a seed. Really neat experience. The family Henriqez is doing well. The mother is having a hard time because she lives next to her parents - who are very deep into their religion. But she says she is praying and reading and we are having lots of lessons with members so if she can just come to church… I have all the faith and vision in them. I can see them in white already!! Marta is also doing great, she is very involved and is part of the branch.  She bore a very sweet testimony. Other than that - we keep pluggin on!!  I love it here and am so glad to be here!!

Sounds like you all had a very great week!  That is so fun that you all could be with so many wonderful cousins – Putnams and Cleggs! Just Awesome! I hope that the trip to Boise to get the cousins back goes really well. Please send my love -

Dad- What an awesome week you have coming up. I hope that you can enjoy it and make some really good memories. Tell everyone hello for me and that I love them. So what is the deal with the Muldoon ranch house? That is terrible it got broken into! It sounds like lots of basketball going on…hang in there!  Thank you for sharing your insights about your lesson. I can’t tell you how much I crave and love my personal study every morning! Thank you so much Dad for all that you do. Thank you so much for your prayers. I hope that all goes really well this week. Have a great week!!

Mom- It sounds like you had a great week! I did get the package - Thank you so much! You are so thoughtful and I am amazed at your kind ways.  I loved the letters from everyone and all of the fun little things. Thank you so much! That was really nice of all of you. I am glad that you had a good week and that substituting seminary went well. I love to hear that! You would be great at that - right up your alley. I loved what you said about knowing really good people. Relationships are the most important form of ¨wealth¨ that we can have. Even when it comes down to our relationship with our Father in Heaven. I sure love you Mom! Thank you for all you do. Have a great week and a great time with the family today and meeting Grandpa and Grandma Clegg halfway to Boise today. Oh Mom, Elder Ochsenbien is on his last transfer. He will end his mission here in Miramar

Mikesell- Wow -sounds like a great week. Jake is a great kid. Your story about getting the flowers was great!  Your letters are so awesome. I love you. I hope that you find out this week about BYU. It will be hard for me to wait to hear. Tell Tanner that I love him and that there are lots of amazing schools out there – not just BYU. I love Tanner so much. I hope his bday was good! Good luck with finals this week Mikesell!  I am excited for you and YOUR LAST trimester of school. I was thinking about that today. That is just crazy. Enjoy it! Well sis, you are awesome. I love you and hope you have a great week. Hit your knees, run on your feet, and keep looking for what Heavenly Father wanted you to learn every single day. Your’e the girl!  

Brennen- Hey man last week when I went home at night and re-read Moms letter. I saw you dropped ten points in your last game! That is legit! What are you thinking for a Spring sport? Have you ever though about trying out for like speech or anything? I am excited to hear you play the piano! Good work ~  that is so awesome!!   I sure love you man. Keep learning and growing!! You are awesome!! Talk to you later – thanks so much for your letter!

Alex- Hey man, hope your doing well! How was your week? I sure miss you man. Have a great week this week and I hope that BBall is going really well!! Keep doing the important things that get you places -  REAL places. Well buddy I love you. Thank you for all you do! I hope your talk in church went well!

Harrison - Hey my friend! I sure love you! How is life? Thank your for your Valentines card. I hope that you have a great week.  I miss you man! How is school? What  are you learning right now? Keep up on your reading! Are you sad to see basketball end now?

McCall- The mighty 7 year old! I am glad that you had such a good day!! That is so wonderful! I hope that you also had a great first week as a 7 year old!! I sure love you angel!

Well my dear ones  - Tell Kevin Williams hello for me!  When I got here to Argentina there were some missionaries here going home from Salta and they spoke very highly of Kevin. 

Go do good things. This is the time!!

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and your letters!

Love,

Elder Austin


No comments:

Post a Comment