Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 7, 2011

Hello the people that I love! I looked at my watch today and realized it was November 7th and could not believe it. I just sat in shock for a few minutes.

I received letters this week from:

Stephanie Bingham- Thank you so much! It was so great to hear from her.
Brittany Davidson  -Dear Elder -Was great to hear from her... Thank you so much for taking the time to write.
Email from Uncle Kevin - Thanks so much! I just loved it.  I am glad to here Elder Clegg is doing well and having success!!

The family emails were all so fun to get…

This week was a really great week. However to be perfectly honest, it has been one of the hardest weeks I have had on my mission so far. But I have grown. I was not in my area until Thursday and I was with two other Elders. One of the Elders had one more transfer than me and the other has been here just three weeks. Needless to say we were slightly language challenged!! We had a great time and learned a lot. We found a new investigator and visited some great people. I learned lot and really had a nice time. We got back to Miramar Thursday at about three and from there we have not find any new investigators this week. It really stunk. But I am expecting good things this week. Elder Mickles, my zone leader from last transfer told me that the first 6 months of your mission Heavenly Father humbles you. Can I get an amen? Haha! I read great scripture in Alma 36:38 that talks about living in Thanksgiving Daily. That is what I am trying to do.
I had a memorable experience yesterday in Fast and Testimony Meeting. I stood up to bear my testimony, which I can do great in Spanish. Then I tried to tell a story and it got bad…but I know the spirit was testifying through me because I could look into the eyes of the branch and see tears in their eyes through my tears. I sat down and the next person at the pulpit said something like,  ¨Isn’t it amazing that we did not understand a word Elder Clegg just said, but we could still the spirit of which he was trying to convey!?.¨ It was pretty humbling. They were really nice and I learned that the sprit really is the one who should be doing the teaching in this work. I will never forget that experience. I say this with humility and gratitude, but I am struggling with this language. I am trying to be patient but man.... I know I will look back on this time and it will be better. Im just going to put my head down grab the pockets of Heavenly Father and keep climbing this mountain. I can do it; your prayers are much appreciated. Thank you. It was a great week though. It is getting warmer here. It rained this week and the streets turned to rivers, it was crazy.

The pictures are of some trees here and the one of the other district leaders in our zone from Argentina had birthday so we took picture. They are a really great examples and friends to me.


  

Sounds like you all had great week. That is so fun that you were all able to go the Basketball game at BYU.  I bet that was great time. How fun…. I will read all of your letters in greater detail tonight but sounds like all is well...Glad Mom got some home time with McCall.

Dad- That Coldplay song is definately the theme song of my mission and I look forward to hearing it again. The lyrics really apply well. “Waterfall”.  How is your adjustment going with everything in Jerome? That is great committee you are on for the Christmas party. Great people. You are all going to do some serious work! Sounds like things are starting to cool down. I thought a lot about you Dad this week and all the stories you have told me from your mission. Im so grateful for your example and find strength in doing what you did.  I love you so much Dad. Thanks for your letter. Hey- this week I actually studied faith a lot. If you go to “Preach My Gospel” look under Chapter 6 under Faith and chapter 3 lesson three under “Faith in Jesus Christ”. The scripture references are really great. Oh and look in the Bible dictionary under Faith. It has a list of the three effects of faith in this life. 1. Happy with the life that you live. 2. Receive the blessings of obedience  3. Receive and are confident in your salvation in the life to come.  That is funny you got that topic to speak on in church on Sunday… that is seriously what most of my study was this week! Check out those references that will help I think.  Love you Pops!

Mom- I love you so much Mom. Thank you so much for your letter. I look forward to reading your journal. You have no idea how much it means to me. Sounds like you had a great week. I loved the pictures of the kids dressed up at Halloween. You are so sweet with all you say and do. I hope that you were to answer some of your questions:  Yes they have siestas the same like when Ben was here in Argentina. The whole town shuts down from 2 to 4. Some people get mad at us for knocking doors, but such is life. I love you Mom. I am eternally grateful for you. I hope you have a great week and are able to do the things that you want and need to do. Heavenly Father wants what you want in life.  I love you Mom. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I don’t know if you all got my letter yet or not. I wrote one for the family couple of weeks ago? Maybe you said in your letter? Where are you all going for Thanksgiving?
  
Mikesell- I wish I could watch your DSA award on the internet so bad, but it is against the rules. It will be the first thing I watch when I come home. So you have a race this weekend in Boise?  I am so excited for you. Hey, I have absolute faith that Heavenly Father is going to bless you with your ACT test. Remember that he has his eye on you and knows what is best for you in the long run. I am excited to hear the results. Have faith and know that no matter what happens you are Mikesell Clegg - daughter of Heavenly Father with eternal potential. That test means nothing in the big picture. Mikesell - remember how much I love you. I miss you like crazy keep on keeping on and working hard. So you make your own decision with Physics. Mom and Dad may disagree with me, but I say stick with it next trimester. You will send in your transcript before the grade show up for this next trimester anyway… and I think you will be able to really enjoy it. You are always blessed for doing hard things, but also remember to not run faster than you have strength. With all the clubs and things you are involved in, you might have to cut somewhere. You are entitled to revelation for this decision. Talk to Mom and Dad they really know best. Listen to them and talk with them. I love you sis. I hope to get your letter tomorrow. I will let you know next week. Love you sis!

Brennen - Stud muffin. Big week for you man, the big high school basketball tryouts!! I hope open gym has been fun for you. I will be praying for you. Do your best and forget the rest. I hope your calling is going well. Take it seriously it will help prepare you for a mission. I sure love you man. Sweet job on that egg drop with Mikesell for Physics. You are a stud. love you man. Keep doing the important things!

Alex my beloved brother. haha I love you man. How is life? How is your scripture reading coming? I promise you Alex that you will find more success in your life in sports, relationships, school, and any other dream you have if you just read the Book of Mormon every night and pray. It changed my life when I was your age. I know if you do it it will change yours too. I love you so much Alex. Remember that please. Keep living up the Clegg and Crouch Legacy. You are destined for greatness!!  Remember that there is nothing more important in life that treating others with kindness. You are special young man. I love you bro. Keep up the good work. I think you have a tournament this weekend!? Go get em. I love you buddy so much. God speed~

Harrison- Thank you so much for your sweet letter. It meant so much. You looked like  a sweet Jimmer. What a stud! I loved that Papa scared you with that costume. I love you Harrison! Argentina is great. I miss you buddy. Keep being good things. I love you brother. A big hug to you!

McCall- You still looked like angel in that costume and you are dressed as a witch! I love you so much… I hope school is good. Are you excited for all these holidays coming up!? What fun time... I love you Cally.


Well I love you all so much. This Church is what it says it is. May Heavenly Father bless each one of you. I pray for you with all my strength. God Bless...

Love your son, brother, and best friend~

Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment