Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013

Well, here it  is... What mixed emotions that I feel. I am happy, nervous, sad, and confident...all at the same time. I am not sure if all that is possible.

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes. It was a good and simple day. Elder Bird bought a BOCA Juniors jersey (big soccer team) and the Elders were really kind. We have a great group of office Elders. Elder Moeller is here from Rexburg Idaho, also Elder Rodriguez, and Elder Moriera de Urugauy, and Elder Lisonbee from my MTC district.  Also the Family Tidei brought over a cake. We also had lunch with President and Hermana Parreño. They were really nice. Thank you for the cards.

President and Hermana Parreno

The week was really good. Mosies and Ruth and her husband Ruth went to a dance. They loved it and Mosies met some friends. It was a Single Adult Dance. The Familia Martinez was really kind and they went to the dance with them to help them feel comfortable. They are such great examples and help so much. I love it because they enjoy doing it also. David and Haydee, the grandparents are doing well. Haydee told us while we were teaching with Bishop on Wednesday that she wanted to be baptized. We put a date with her but she wasn´t feeling good on Sunday so she was not able to make it to church,. If she can be a little bit better prepared she might get baptized this Sunday. If not, the 22 of June she will for sure. Her daughter Gabriela is doing well also and is really close. Luis is doing well. He are praying and fasting that he can change his work schedule. He works in a bakery and Sunday mornings are his busiest days. I am certain though that if this Sunday we don´t have two or three baptisims they will be baptized with Elder Bird and his companion. That will be great. The ward is doing well. Mosies was asked to speak in Ward Conference next week, he will also receive the Aaronic Preisthood.

Today I spent some time organizing my things and reading my journal I read some inserts from my Freshman year of college. How wonderful is life and all the experiences that we have. When Christ is our vision things always go well.I also read my first letter that I wrote to President. What a hoot...half English...half jibberish. What a great way to see progress in the mission.

Also this last week we had our Leadership Conference meeting. It was the first one with Sister Training Leader and it went really well. Elder Bird and I talked about not being complacent and being good examples in our Zones. We based our presentation out of Alma 60. President talked about how we have to make connections in every part of our missonary lives to achieve the Standard of Excellence. Sister Parreño talked about comunication and established some rules about the words we use.  Reminded me very much of Papa and Grandma Crouch, the use of "guys".   I really enjoyed that.



Thinking about what I would like to say for the last time.... I think I just want you each to know that I truly love my Savior. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Gospel is what it says it is. The restoration answers so many of our questions.


Well, I will be seeing you next Wednesday at 12:00 noon. Mom, Dad, Mikesell, Brennen, Alex, Harrison and McCAll.... I love you.... and I am very excited to see you. Please send my love to Grandma and Grandpa Clegg, Papa and Grandma Crouch, Grandpa and Grandma Daw and all of the family and friends.   How blessed we are to be surrounded by greatness.

What a happy time....

Stay safe and I´ll see you soon.


All my love...

Elder Austin






No comments:

Post a Comment